Spring registration begins Mon. Feb. 27. Beth’s appointment schedule is available here: http://lumfa.blogspot.com/2011/11/spring-2012-registration-appointment.html. The classes being offered this spring (along with textbook info) are listed here: http://lumfa.blogspot.com/2011/12/spring-2012-mfa-class-schedule.html. Fully-online students should send Beth an email beginning Feb. 27 to register for online classes. If alumni are interested in taking or auditing an online class, please send Beth an email.
ANNUAL MFA READING:
The LU MFA Program’s Annual MFA Reading will be held on Friday, June 15, at 7pm. If you are a soon-to-be graduate of the program (graduating by June 2012), or if you are a recent alum who has not yet read at this event, please email Beth as soon as possible if you would like to take part in the reading. Graduating students are not required to read, but it is a wonderful culmination of your work in the program, as well as an opportunity for family, friends, and your peers to hear your work. All MFA students and alumni are encouraged to attend the reading to support the readers and the program. Issue 2 of The Lindenwood Review will be available for purchase at the reduced rate of $5.00 per copy at this event. Cookies and refreshments will be provided.
Our MFA program and The Lindenwood Review will be represented at a book fair table at the AWP Conference in Chicago at the end of this month. If you’ll be attending the conference, please stop by our table to say hi. (Unfortunately, the conference is now sold out, and on-site registrations will not be allowed this year. The book fair will be open to the public on Saturday, March 3.)
CONGRATULATIONS TO LU MFA STUDENTS & ALUMNI:
* Dacia Wilkinson’s novel A Kiss in the Rain is coming soon from Mockingbird Lane Press: http://www.mockingbirdlanepress.com/#!our-books
* Christopher Scribner has two poems appearing in LIGHT: A Quarterly of Light Verse.
* Congratulations to Doug Wallace for creating the online short story journal Short Story Nation, and congratulations to Stacey Remley for her story acceptance with that journal. Doug reports that stories of 300 words or less can be submitted at http://www.shortstorynation.com/.
* Alan Zacher has stories published in Dead Head Grin Magazine, Kalkion, and Writing Raw.
* Lindsay Brand has had a story accepted for publication by The Monarch Review.
* Lisa Kang has had work recently appear in Larger than They Appear, Hayden’s Ferry, Oracle, and Spillway.
* Janna Vought has had two stories accepted for publication by IdeaGems Publishing.
* Congratulations to Tom Horan on his Pushcart nomination for his essay "Eat the Cake" in Carolina Quarterly.
* Congratulations to John Cunningham on his Pushcart nomination for his story in Storm Country.
* Congratulations to Sarah Jones on her nomination for the 2012 Micro Award by Iron Horse Literary Review.
* Congratulations to Rebecca Macbeth, Chris Duggan, and Michelle Sanford on their Intro Journals Project nominations.
* Congratulations to Cindy DuBois for receiving the Mayor’s Award for Achievement.
* Congratulations to Tom Horan, Grady Manus, Anna Hamilton, Aileen Kies, and Rosha Chandler-Gordon on successful completion of their MFA theses.
A list of current publication opportunities/calls for submission: http://liteventspubopps.blogspot.com/2012/02/winter-2012-publishing-opportunities.html
UPCOMING LITERARY EVENTS/COLLOQUIUM OPPORTUNITIES:
A list of upcoming events: http://liteventspubopps.blogspot.com/2012/02/winter-2012-literary-events.html.
Hope to see you on June 15 at the MFA Reading!