STEP 1—Advisor Consultation: Contact your faculty advisor by LionMail, by phone, or in person to discuss your degree program. Refer to the course schedule (available here) and your program overview sheet (available on PC Common) to find several enrollment options.
STEP 2—Online Registration: After the consultation, your advisor will release your student portal for enrollment. You will then register yourself for courses through your student portal during the appropriate registration week. Your first assignment and textbooks are listed on PC Common in the LCIE folder. Instructions for portal registration are detailed below, and training tools will be sent to your LionMail before enrollment begins for Spring Quarter 2013.
This new process will give you more flexibility during enrollment. You may continue to meet in person with your faculty advisor each quarter if you wish, or you may contact your advisor by LionMail or by phone each quarter. You must use your LionMail account when emailing your advisor. It is your responsibility as a student to contact your advisor and to complete the enrollment process each quarter.
Please note that there are three instances when an in-person advisor meeting is still required:
- An initial meeting with your faculty advisor to review your program overview
- An exit interview before enrollment in your final cluster
- A meeting to take the math placement test before enrolling in the math cluster (undergraduates)
Spring Quarter 2013 Registration: If you have already set a registration appointment with your advisor, you may keep that appointment as an in-person meeting, or you may use that appointment time to contact your advisor by LionMail or by phone for your consultation. After your consultation, you will register for classes through your student portal according to the dates listed below. Consult your transcript in your student portal to determine your academic standing.
- March 4-8: Graduate students; Undergrads with 84+ credit hours completed
- March 11-15: Graduate students; Undergrad Students with 54-83 credit hours completed
- March 18-22: Undergrads with 24-53 credit hours completed
- March 25-29: Undergrads with 0-23 credit hours completed
*INSTRUCTIONS FOR ONLINE REGISTRATION*
- During your advisor consultation, refer to your program overview sheet (available from your advisor or on PC Common) and consult the current course schedule (available here each quarter under Course Schedules/LCIE Quarter Schedules; the Spring Quarter 2013 Course Schedule is available here).
- Turn off the pop-up blocker on your computer before registration.
- Remember to change the term code in your portal to the upcoming quarter (i.e., SP QTR 13).
- Complete your enrollment in a timely manner after your advisor consultation, as clusters may fill quickly (noted as Class is Full during online registration). Be prepared with several enrollment options.
- If you are on Academic or Business Hold, you will be unable to register. For Business Hold, view your Ledger in your student portal for information about your account. Call Amy Hess at 636-949-4962 to make payment arrangements; once the hold is released, you will be able to register. For Academic Hold, you may need to write an appeal letter. If you have not enrolled in coursework for four quarters or more, contact Admissions, as you will need to be readmitted to the university before you can register.
- Review class prerequisites in the 2012-2013 Catalog and compare them against your transcript in your student portal. When you attempt to register for a class without having met the prerequisite, you will see prereq next to the class. If you believe you have met the prerequisite but are prevented from online enrollment, call Academic Services at 636-949-4954 or contact your advisor.
- Questions concerning technical problems during registration or problems logging in to the student portal should be directed to CAMS Support.
STUDENT PORTAL ENROLLMENT PROCESS:
- Log in to your student portal. (To find your username, click here.) Access your portal at any time by going to www.lindenwood.edu and hovering over PORTALS in the white bar, then clicking on Portal Login.
- Change the term to the upcoming quarter (i.e., SP QTR 13).
- Click on Unofficial Registration.
- Click on Show Filter and enter course information to limit your search to a specific cluster or section. Click Apply Filter.
- Click on the box to the left of the cluster/class you wish to enroll in. If you need to make a change, click on the box again to uncheck it.
- When you have checked the cluster/class you wish to enroll in, click Process Registration.
- Click OK to complete your registration, and click the printer icon if you would like to print a copy.
- Log in to PC Common to view your first assignment information and textbook list (in the LCIE folder).
Lindenwood University MFA in Writing Program—Online or In-Class
Fully Online MFA Program—No Residency Requirement
Visit us at: