Note 12/18/14: Check this blog this spring for information about our next contest for Issue 6: Prose Poetry Contest--No Entry Fee
We are happy to announce our Flash Fiction Contest for Issue 5 of The Lindenwood Review:
- No Entry Fee.
- Winner receives $50, publication in Issue 5 of The Lindenwood Review, and three contributor copies.
- Honorable Mentions receive publication and three contributor copies of TLR5.
- Contest entries will be accepted 6/15/14 through 11/15/14.
- All contest submissions will receive a response by December 30, 2014. Issue 5 will be published by June 2015.
- Email your story as a Word document attachment to: TheLindenwoodReview@lindenwood.edu. Type Flash Fiction Contest in the subject line. Include a brief bio in the body of the email.
- Length Requirement: 50 to 750 words. Stories over 750 words may be considered for our regular fiction section. Stories under 50 words will not be considered for publication. Include word count on your submission.
- Up to three flash fiction pieces may be submitted per writer. Attach each story as a separate Word document.
- We allow simultaneous submissions, but please contact us immediately if your work is accepted elsewhere.
- We welcome submissions from both new and established writers. Please note that current Lindenwood University students and faculty are not eligible to submit work to The Lindenwood Review. (LU alumni are eligible to submit.)
- For more information about our journal, visit our website. Regular submission guidelines for TLR are available here (fiction, poetry, and personal essay, accepted 7/15/14 - 12/15/14). Writers who enter our contest may also submit work for our regular issue submissions (beginning 7/15). For more information about Lindenwood University's MFA Program, with both in-class and fully online options, visit us here.